What you'll Learn
A New Kind of Story: Rethink the Traditional Fashion Narrative has been created by, with, and for industry professionals. It is designed to provide you with the context, tools, and techniques you need to disrupt the fashion narrative and dump toxic luxury. In this course, you will learn to:
Disrupt Fashion Advertising
Explore strategies to subvert and disrupt the current fashion advertising system.
Tell Your Fashion Story
Learn new ways, tools, and techniques with which to tell your fashion story.
Evangelize Industry Leaders
Make your voice be heard and learn methods to get other industry leaders on board.
Create and showcase the beauty in your work without repeating mistakes from the past.
- Discussion of the fantasy of fashion and the nightmare that follows
- Sharing stories of luxury, inspiration, complicity, and having a voice
- “Show and tell” with your favorite or least favorite luxury item
- Discussion of food, fashion, and elitism
- Discussion of how we can change the fashion narrative
- Examining larger menu of options for your next campaign: What tools can we use to change our message in the fashion industry?
- Exploring ways to make your voice heard and make it louder
- Tools to take to your next meeting
Who Should Attend
Although there are no formal educational or background requirements, this course is designed for professionals working in fashion branding and communication.
Years of Experience
The course is for professionals with at least three years of work experience in a relevant field.
The course is most relevant to fashion professionals but is open to branding and communication experts in any industry.
Although this course is designed for industry leaders, industry professionals at all levels are welcome.
Business-level English proficiency is strongly recommended.
Why The New School
of participants mastered new tools and ways of thinking that were immediately applicable to their jobs
of participants felt faculty were knowledgeable and topics were relevant to their business
participants would recommend the program to a friend
Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 12:30 P.M. EST
Navigating Complexity with Strategic Design and Management
As the market evolves at an unprecedented rate, the world seems too complex to allow us to make correct decisions. Yet complex phenomena have always been with us, in both our natural and our artificial environments.